(Serves 8 -10)
- 1 1/2 cups POM juice
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
1. In a large saucepan, mix POM juice with water. Remove 1/2 cup of juice; set aside.
2. Add sugar, cinnamon stick and cloves to saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Combine cornstarch and reserved POM juice until smooth; stir into pan. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice.
4. Pour into a large bowl; cover and chill.
5. Just before serving, remove the spices and stir in fruit.
Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts)