- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as tarragon, parsley, chives, and dill)
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F. Coat four 6-ounce ramekins or small ovenproof dishes with the butter. Divide the cream, 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano, and 2 tablespoons of herbs among the ramekins and stir to combine.
- Place ramekins in oven and heat until cream just starts to bubble, approximately 6 to 10 minutes
- Crack 1 egg into each ramekin; sprinkle with remaining cheese & herbs and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Return to the oven and bake until the whites are set and the cream is
- bubbling, approximately 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.